In an attempt to improve upon my lack of updates, I've decided to try Blogger. I make no promises, but I will attempt to write a little something at least once a week.
Also at the end of February was the Swearing-In Ceremony for my orientation class, and I was was lucky enough to have my dad in attendance. (Please excuse the rings under my eyes. I was not getting a lot of sleep at the time.)
Since then, I've continued with a variety of training and education to prepare for my June arrival in Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of the Congo.
While most sessions and presentations cover office systems and programs that I will be using as an Office Management Specialist, we occasionally have sessions in security, emergency medical training, and for those of us working in the Regional Security Office of our embassies, diplomatic security.
Having never worked for the federal government before, I can say that the Foreign Service is a whole new world. The learning curve is intimidating but also very interesting and exciting. I am looking forward to arriving at Post and getting to work.
Before I close, I'd like to give a little shout out to my aunt Lory, to my family friends Colleen and Lawrence, and one of my nearest and dearest friends (see her below), Natalie. It is so nice to see friends and family, and it was wonderful to spend time with all of you!
Since then, I've continued with a variety of training and education to prepare for my June arrival in Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of the Congo.
While most sessions and presentations cover office systems and programs that I will be using as an Office Management Specialist, we occasionally have sessions in security, emergency medical training, and for those of us working in the Regional Security Office of our embassies, diplomatic security.
Having never worked for the federal government before, I can say that the Foreign Service is a whole new world. The learning curve is intimidating but also very interesting and exciting. I am looking forward to arriving at Post and getting to work.
Before I close, I'd like to give a little shout out to my aunt Lory, to my family friends Colleen and Lawrence, and one of my nearest and dearest friends (see her below), Natalie. It is so nice to see friends and family, and it was wonderful to spend time with all of you!
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment